Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

Posted 1 month ago

Im planning a trip trough the Baltics from Warszawa via Villnius and Riga to Tallin this summer , and i want a second opinion : Will the train Villnius - Riga (Nº 889) run this summer ? And will the connection Riga - Tallin via Valga (Nº 874 and Nº 337) be possible in the summer ? Thank you in advance ! argon

Follow this topic
Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 1 month ago

Alternative would be the Flixbus , right ?

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
913 comments

replied 1 month ago

I don't have enough knowledge to predict the reliability of this but LTG Link do seem to know what they are doing and have a clear website, the Vilius -Riga section has a clearly updated timetable (extra stops but same times at each end) from April 1st. https://ltglink.lt/en/vilnius-riga-en

One thing you don't ask about is the Krakow-Warsawa-Vilnius train, which is shown by bahn.com and others as direct but LTG Link say it isn't and there is a connection at Mockava https://ltglink.lt/en/vilnius-warsaw-krakow-vilnius

Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 1 month ago

Thanks i know , this with Mockava is because you have to change trains there because of different track gauge , so basically PKP & DB show this train without change and LTG show it with a change , but if you buy a ticket Warszawa - Vilnius from PKP it automatically includes the tickets for the Mockava - Vilnius section ! I dont asked because i already have a detailed plan of the trip :

Attachment Image
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1340 comments

replied 1 month ago

Vns-Riga has just started early this/late lst yr, got a kind of subsidy from EU and was promised to stay on for at least 1 yr.
In fact therewere then also talks/promises that Riga-Tln would get a same type of through train=without that hrs long wait at a tiny hamlet with nothing to do, but I´ve never seen any update for this.
But its mostly indeed a thing for dedicated trainfreaks-BUSes=several companies are far easier to book, mostly quicker and many more trips as just this 1.
Using an Interailpass for just this is also thrown money out of the window-could be different if other longer trips are also done on it

Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 1 month ago

Thank you i didnt knew this with the one yr ! I wont use an Interrail-Pass , also just because i have to stay in many hotel , where Interrail is obviously not valid :) .