Userpic

Tinus
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 month ago

Want to go on my First Ride from Vienna to Mannheim in the night march 11th to 12th. Germany trains are going to Strike than..
I do have a reservation for this night trains (23:28)
1.) Can I book this day just on the go, so late in 11th when I'm Sure the train ist going?
2) What If the train doesn't Go or only until Salzburg (still in Austria an before 2am, when the Strike Starts)?
3.) should be in Mannheim around 11:00 am to reach my Work. Any hints/Tip?
Thanks.

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
916 comments

replied 1 month ago

EN 50462 from Wien has already been cancelled throughout and if you booked online you should have had an email about this.

Best suggestion: Westbahn train from Wien West to Salzburg depart 19:38 arrive 22:08, BRB RE5 from Salzburg to Munich depart 22:50 arrive 00:58, Flixbus from Munich ZOB 03:00 arrive Mannheim 07:35 (reserve NOW) . The ZOB is next to Hackerbrücke S-Bahn a short distance from Hbf, but if the S-Bahn is closed it's about 12 minutes walking from the north exit of the Hbf, just follow Arnulfstr.

Userpic

Tinus
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 month ago

Thanks. I ve Seen, that the train ist cancelled so my requests ist more about getting my Money (54€) for the Reservation Back. But I think I'll manage that. Thanks