Userpic

abhiutwente
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 2 months ago

Hello,
I had a horrible experience when travelling with Train from Venlo to Dusseldorf airport on 9 Dec 2023. We supposed to board the train of 11.04 from Venlo to the airport but that train that day was cancelled half an hour ago to our arrival at the station around 10:30 AM. We took the train of 12.04 and there was not a space to move an inch inside the train. It got stopped after starting due to a brake failure but started again and somehow reached Dusseldorf central station. To save time, we were forced to take a taxi from Dusseldorf station to the airport which costed additional 30 Euros. I kindly request to compensate by refunding the train ticket costs because it was more than 1 hr delay in reaching to the airport. It caused lot of stress and inconvenience. Attached is the paper version of the tickets bought. I have already contacted Arriva and they asked me to contact VIAS for the refund. See below response from them.
Dear Mr/.Ms. Kumar,

We have received your Refund request on Saturday 20 January 2024. The registration number of this case is 2024-00158307. Below you will find our response.

The trains from Venlo - Dusseldorf are operated by VIAS. We recommend contacting them about a refund.

Do you have any further questions? We are happy to help! You can send your question by replying to this e-mail.

With kind regards,

Lisa Luyke
Manager Contact & Service Centre

Attachment Image
Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1343 comments

replied 2 months ago

NL? Dan heeft dr google je wel op een hele rare site neergelaten.
THis line-there are quite often trains cancelled due to shortage of staff=people willing to work for the railways, is NOT by VIAS but by eurobahn.
BUT: you used german VRR fare and thus this means you have to contact VRR- at best you will get 25% of fare paid back-=these are the normal and official EU rules for trains delays. ARV zou dit ook-en weet dit in de meeste gevallen ook- moeten weten.
Als je soms ooit nog eens via deze route uitvliegt: neem dan de FLIXbus vanaf Eindhoven.
VIAS, als opvolger van Abellio=NS die het heeft opgegeven, rijdt de lijn naar DE/DUS vanaf Arnhem!=RE19. Heeft ook nogal eens cancellations omreden zelfde reden-net als heel veel lijnen in DE zelf.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
916 comments

replied 2 months ago

this is what travel insurance was invented for....

Userpic

abhiutwente
Traveller
1 comments

replied 2 months ago

Thanks for sharing a breaking idea!....Netherlands train service refunds money as a courtesy when delay is there for more than one hour without reminding to go to insurance company. And so the airlines when there is a delay of more than 3 hrs.