Userpic

marenhel
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 3 months ago

we want to travel from Munich to Milan at the 10.th of june with the nightjet, but we cant find any trains that day or any day after. Are the trains fully booked or what is the reason there are no trains avaliable.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
592 comments

replied 3 months ago

I see NJ40295 from Munich at 10 jun on the interrail app.

Userpic

marenhel
Traveller
2 comments

replied 3 months ago

yes i can find it in the app aswell, but it is not possible to buy tickets. when i try to buy there is no trains avaliable. so im just wondering if its too soon to reserve and book?

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
592 comments

replied 3 months ago

According to www.bahn.com the timetable will change (june 9th is an official halfyear timetablechange day). From then you have to change trains at de DE/IT border (Tarvisio)

Userpic

marenhel
Traveller
2 comments

replied 2 months ago

i am not sure I understood that right, but is it not possible to buy a direct train? again thank you for answers:)

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
592 comments

replied 2 months ago

Only if you change your trip to a day before (or on) june 7th.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
592 comments

replied 2 months ago

And more than 4 months is (too) soon indeed. A lot can change inbetween. Sky has no limits, rails do.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
916 comments

replied 2 months ago

The tile of the post is very confusing,canlt find ANY trains when in fact only one was being looked for.....

Anyway, it isn't running according to bahn.de . As with all trains, if you expand the journey option and click on the train number it gives the full train schedule and operating dates. In this case 40295 says
"täglich
11. bis 26. Okt 2024 Mo - Do, So; nicht 17. Feb, 25. Mär, 15. Apr, 13. Mai, 8. Jun bis 7. Sep 2024, 27., 28. Sep, 8., 9., 15., 16. Nov"

note the "nicht" and " 8. Jun bis 7. Sep 2024" in the list. It's not running for the whole summer and restarts in September. Why this is so is something that may be discussed but you still won't get a reservation.

Userpic

cherlcher
Traveller
1 comments

replied 11 hours ago

I saw on another site (seat61) that track work will be getting done from June 9 until mid-September that will effect this portion of the Nightjet line.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
353 comments

replied 1 hour ago

No , NJ 40295 is going to La Spezia and booking is possible now on nightjet.com (Also on Interrail (Just look for "Discounts" -> International ) , though is says "Timetable may change" . Best regards argon