Userpic

gabina30
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 3 months ago

I keep trying to buy train tickets via the rail.cc website, however keep getting the following error message - We are currently working on rectifying an error and apologise for the inconvenience caused. Please try again later.
Does anyone get the same/know what is going on/what I can do?
Thanks in advance!

Follow this topic
Userpic

Kirill
Traveller
8 comments

replied 3 months ago

Hi!

What's the URL?

Userpic

gabina30
Traveller
3 comments

replied 3 months ago

https://rail.cc/deutschebahn

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
916 comments

replied 3 months ago

at what point do you get the error message? I can use the search function to get itineries and price quotes, I haven't gone further.

The search page is NOT rail.cc - it's an odd version of DBs sales machine which is embedded within rail.cc You can always use the normal page directly at www.bahn.com

Userpic

gabina30
Traveller
3 comments

replied 3 months ago

yeah, I know.. was wondering whether the glitch with the embedded page is gonna get sorted.. (got excited about the price at rail.cc as it is a third of what I can get on DB.. :) )
Thanks! :)

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
916 comments

replied 3 months ago

that doesn't sound right, did you check that it was priced in euros? As I said, it isn't rail.cc - it is DB embedded, the service is called DB WhiteLabel, the price for exactly the same thing at the same time should be the same although there were faults in the DB fare database around November last year when some long international tickets were only charged as far as the first foreign country by some versions of the software!

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
592 comments

replied 3 months ago

That link could be 20 years old.

Userpic

gabina30
Traveller
3 comments

replied 3 months ago

Thanks both, much appreciated.
and yeah, the price was in euros - perhaps that was still the fault displaying now.. :) Many thanks again!