Userpic

seve98
Traveller
18 comments

Posted 3 months ago

Is there a way for a rail traveller between Spain and Portugal. I know in the past you could travel from Vigo to Porto (by Celta) or via Badajoz and Entrocamento i think by train.

The other day I just read that all lines are suspended due to neglected rail conditions and other websites say there is the possibility but by bus and some say the trains are running. Does anyone know more here about right now.

I also heard some parts of the high-speed line between Madrid and Lisbon is already done (somewhere around Badajoz). I'd love to get some specific answers if possible.

Yours
Sevi

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 3 months ago

For Madrid to Badajoz: www.renfe.com
For Badajoz to Lisboa: www.cp.pt

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
912 comments

replied 3 months ago

you read what?!! Where did you read it? The mainline from Madrid into Portugal has been closed for some time for a total rebuild and electrification (and lack of interest from RENFE). The Vigo-Porto line is open and there is a promotion on the CP homepage which could make an Interrail pass a waste of money....

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 3 months ago

From railcc (september 2017!!!)
Lisbon to Madrid: New day train
REOPENING OF THE ELVAS - BADAJOZ LINE
4th September 2017 by Flo

Userpic

traiveller
Traveller
26 comments

replied 3 months ago

Another option in the South : Sevilla to Huelva by train, then by bus to Ayamonte, and from there by ferry to Vila Real.