Userpic

Verafabry
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 3 months ago

I'd like to visit England Wales and Ireland by train. Can I take ferries with my interrail and how?

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
915 comments

replied 3 months ago

None of the operators of the short sea crossings (Dover area) accept the pass or give discounts. But don't feel put put, only one route ever accetps people without vehicles and only on a few daylight hour sailings per day! Discounts are possible on Stena Line from Hoek van Holland to Harwich. Stena Line and Irish Ferries give discounts on Wales-Ireland ferries, Holyhead is very easy with the railway station at the ferry terminal. They also give discounts on the long sea crossings direct from North West France to Ireland. See the "pass benefits" section on the Interrail website/App

A disounted price (officially a compulsory reservation that costs over 30€) is availble from a quota on Eurostar to London (the trains do not now stop at other stations in England). Reservations from the website or www.b-europe.com (and you could try SNCB/NMBS station in Belgium). Passengers without vehicles are not accepted on the shuttle trains through the tunnel.