Userpic

lawrencetcy
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 3 months ago

Hi does anybody know how I can take a train from San Diego, California, U.S. to Mexicali, Mexico. Can I buy return tickets via the official U.S. web site www.Amtrak.com? What another web site is the best to buy train tickets from San Diego to Mexicali? Also, I don't know the train station name in the Mexicali. Which web site of the train map in Mexicali I should download? Please help, many thanks.

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
916 comments

replied 3 months ago

there is no passenger railway, therefore no ticket sales....

Userpic

lawrencetcy
Traveller
1 comments

replied 3 months ago

Then, do you know how I can travel from San Diego or Carlsbad to Mexicali? By plane? By bus?

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1342 comments

replied 3 months ago

You have to go-all by yourself and in person with all the necessary documentation (varies per nationality) to the strictly controlled Border-can do that via the San Diego trolley=light rail, till far end.
Now the big woo for US: Time-this will take an hour-or 2-3:leave USA, enter Mexico.
You then arrive in the MEX side: Tijuana-use a citybus or taxi to get to the Estacion de Autobuses-about ALL longer distance transit not in own car is done that way there. If you can find this wacky forum you can use google and use it for better purpose: BUs Tijuana-destinacion. Expect sites of local comp to be in Espanol only- for that google has ´translate´
If you think that any slightly longer distance has to b flown over-and spoil this planet´s climate- then again a mr google will help-or a site like skyscanner.