Userpic

kharon
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 3 months ago

I want to travel turkey to north europe espacially oslo, stockholm and copenhagen. can you help me about planning my route ?

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1342 comments

replied 3 months ago

More or less same Q from Türk has been posted here more as once lately and the best answer is this site|: seat61.com
The ONLY way if you really want to go by train/ytolcu is via Bulgaria-Romania-Hungary, then choose dirtect via Austria-Germany or via Slovakia-Poland
Use a planner that covers most/nearly all of EUR like bahn.de (German railways) do NOT now expect to show it for summer-just use date next weeks and get some general idea. Break it up in shorter segments for better overview-and use old-fashioned papaer+pencil to jot down the options and then get complete overview
In general, this is a route for train-masochists who have the opinion that go by train is always the best. The real sad facts are that this only applies starting nfrom maybe Hungary or better Austria then onward.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
916 comments

replied 3 months ago

The train (one per day at most) from Halkali northwards is one of the most asked about links on this forum , and usually by people with no experience. It's a terrible choice for beginneers, information is extremely limited, Turkish TCCD are in charge and have no idea how to do publicity, it's very difficult to reserve away from Turkish or soem Buglarian railway stations, it's very slow and has no food service. The best news is that once you've got beyond this everything else will be better - assuming you don't follow out fo date info and try to travel via Serbia!

Long distance services in Scandinavia usually require advance reservation and are often fully booked well in advance (especially June/July) so you have to put thought into it at an early stage. Germany is easy - until your train is delayed and the plan falls apart, so dont make complciate dlong joruney legs with their recommened connection times.