Userpic

Brizzall
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 3 months ago

We’re a family of four (2 adults and 2 teens) interrailling August 2024.
I want to reserve seats on Eurostar now but not bought passes yet as I’m not sure how many days we need (7/10 global pass).
To reserve seats on raileurope or b-Europe it says pass holder number. Someone suggested using 11111111 - does that work?
Thanks

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
915 comments

replied 3 months ago

that's been suggested in various places but it's hard to tell who said this, like many things on the internet people copy and paste to new locations thinking they are taking part. There's every chance that these reservation systems will sell you the ticket but I've never seen anybody mention what happens at check-in - like does anybody bother to check the numbers match?

I would suggest you do two things, get your planning tightened up qucikly so that you know which pass you want, and get registered for teh Interrail/ Eurail newletter (at the bottom of the relevent homepage) because for the past few years they have run a flash sale in January with big savings (the passes can be used within 11 months from purchase and the actual start date for their valdity period can be added later). If you get lucky with a sake you will also have genuine pass numbers to use for reservations.....

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
591 comments

replied 3 months ago

That trick works at www.sj.se for Swedish high-speed trains. But only there as far as I know.

Userpic

Brizzall
Traveller
2 comments

replied 3 months ago

@MisterSteve - that was my worry that it wouldn’t work on the day!

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
915 comments

replied 3 months ago

It probably wouldn't be a problem if checked by a person but it's usually done by a scanner which may argue. Many websites offer the advice about the dummy number but nobody ever confirms it worked!

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
591 comments

replied 3 months ago

Interrail reservations at Eurostar is only possible at the interrailsite. The Eurostarsite provides a link to that. It's purely impossible to work with a dummy nummer there. Purely nonsense.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
915 comments

replied 3 months ago

Eurostar may point people to the Interrail site, but Interrail themselves suggest the B-Europe site....

Userpic

Brizzall
Traveller
2 comments

replied 3 months ago

With the RailEurope and B-Europe I seem to be able to put in a dummy number and purchase it - just a bit nervous about doing that!
Other suggestion I’ve seen is to buy just one pass and use that number for all and then get the rest if there’s a sale….