Userpic

InesOliveira
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 12 years ago

Hi!
I'm Ines from Portugal and i''m planning an interrail around Europe for the next year. My idea is fly from Porto/Lisbon to Amsterdam and then travel always by train around some countries. I pretend to buy the pass of 22 days. One of the routes i was planning is:
Amsterdam - Berlin - Vienne - Budapest - Bucharest - Istanbul - Athens - Bari - Rome - Geneve.
I'd like to know if this rout is possible to do during 22 days. The cities i wanna visit are too far? Should i change my rout? Which cities you advice me? Pls i need some help :)

Thanks,
IO

Follow this topic
Userpic

Hetman
Traveller
364 comments

replied 12 years ago

you do not have to put it 2 times, ok? ;)
[quote]Which cities you advice me?[/quote]
sooo, Geneva - if you not go there you will not go back to home. and living in Switzerland is much more expensive than in Portugal

the rest cities you have to choose yourself. you have one YEAR so if you read every day about 1 city... :)

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1343 comments

replied 12 years ago

GReece=Hellas has stopped all international trains since this year-thus that route is not possible by train-if you want, take bus and pay apart.
As such it is possible-but just. You sit more in trains as you have time to visit the places. In the Balkan you can expect delays-much more as you now think Also normal tickets overthere are quite cheap-for value for money for that expensive IR-ticket you had better plan different.
all the sectors you mention are as such easy to do-check times via routeplanner on this site or via [ux]https://rail.shop/bahn[/ux] - can set to many languages
(english: pretend= to do as, but you wanted to say; INtend).
and yes, Swiss and Geneve is now very, very expensive, but maybe you have the familia there? as so many Portugeuse do?

Userpic

InesOliveira
Traveller
2 comments

replied 12 years ago

thank you both! i'm joining some advices from people who did an interrail or know europe very well cause i wanna choose the best and cheapest rout. but i still have much time to do it! ;)
probably, Geneve is not a good city to take part of the rout. i mean good for my pocket ehehe

Userpic

Hetman
Traveller
364 comments

replied 12 years ago

[quote]i wanna choose the best and cheapest rout.[/quote]
i think that there is no good, better or the best route because it's not possible to make provision for everything! so don't worry, i'm sure you will be happy ;)