Userpic

Ralle1234
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 5 months ago

Hello, when can I book an Interrail journey for 18.01.2024? I have the Interrail ticket, but no travel connections are shown in the Rail Planner for 2024. Do I have the option to book now?

Thank you! Greetings Ralle

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
922 comments

replied 5 months ago

Which route? Vigo-Porto isn't open for any booking in 2024, Badajoz -Entroncamento is openfor sale until late January but doesn't need reservation.

Userpic

Ralle1234
Traveller
2 comments

replied 5 months ago

I mean the train connection from Barcelona-Sants to Porto-Campanha on 18.01.2024

The Rail Planner shows me the connection for December 2023.
Departure: Barcelona-Sants 7:40
Arrival: Porto-Campanha 21:18
With three changes and two trains that need to be reserved.

Perhaps there will be a new train timetable for 2024?

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
922 comments

replied 5 months ago

most countries in Europe will have a new timetable, it starts on 10th December. But Spain has a reputation for inefficiency and often don't publish on time. The first train in your "plan" is open for reservations. The fourth is the Vigo to Porto train and is not open. What happens in the middle is anyone's guess, there should be a direct train from Madrid to Vigo but that isn't even in the system yet. Be warned, whatever trains the App is showing they may involve changing stations as well as trains. The App can only reserve certain trains in Spain, and the Spanish management make it very difficult to use Interail on the others that need reservation. If the direct train from Madird Charmatin to Vigo (departs 11:20) runs then it will probably be much faster to get a bus for the final leg to Porto.

Userpic

Ralle1234
Traveller
2 comments

replied 5 months ago

Thank you very much :-)
I would then also take the FlixBus. And since it doesn't depend on the day, I won't be stressed if I have delays.
I have a friend in Portugal who can find out for me when the new timetables are published.
Until then...
Greetings Ralle

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1345 comments

replied 5 months ago

There are more buses as that FLIX-just use mr. google! It might even be wiser to start the bus from BCN already.
Unless it is a very busy weekend=not that likely in mid-jan, then all these fears that trains are ´full´ weeks ahead is complete nonsense. RENFE does not have restrictive quota for passholders, its just a bit old-fashioned style: set yourself in the Q and do it @ counter-and show pass. I´ve done that several times (last in march this yr) for next day etc.-no prob at all.
Perhaps youth also has to learn that there is more in this world as just all on that holy fone!
Whilst I type this now I wait till check-in airport opens as for this also online check-in would not work. The wifi is free here.