Userpic

Amatum
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 5 months ago

Hello!
I am trying to book a rail.cc traintickets for two (2) adult passengers from Hamburg to Stockholm. It would leave from Hamburg on 22.12.2023 at 23:56 and arrive to Stockholm on 23.12.2023 at 13:34. I am trying to buy Super Spareis Europa tickets (199,80€) for two, seat reservation included.

The reservations gets stuck on the Verify section and gives me an error: "We are currently working on rectifying an error and apologise for the inconvenience caused. Please try again later."

Is this error something that is fixable? Can someone help me with this problem?

Thank you in advance!

Follow this topic
Userpic

Amatum
Traveller
2 comments

replied 5 months ago

Here is another error I get from Firefox

Attachment Image
Userpic

argon
Traveller
351 comments

replied 5 months ago

Rail.cc isnt even a booking engine , i always recommend to book on website of the operator , in this case bahn.com and sj.se/en . DB has sometimes problems with booking reservations in Sweden , so you have to split tickets . On the Hamburg - Københaven section you can book on bahn.com , but the second part from Københaven H to Stockholm C must be book on sj.se/en , the website of the Swedish national operator SJ . Fares are around 2,450 to 2,610 SEK ( around 220€) . Sometime DB also release their reservations for Sweden one month ahead . So you can wait or pay the higher price .

Userpic

argon
Traveller
351 comments

replied 5 months ago

I forgot The EC from HH to CPH cost another 110€ (if you split the tickets)

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
914 comments

replied 5 months ago

rail.cc is not a train operator or booking engine, it clearly says it is giving links to other companies. In this case you have chosen (by pure luck) DB but the link goes to what seems to be a travel trade version of their booking site. Had you used the public version it would have told you that the journey is not possible because the Swedish connection is not reservable in normal 2nd class before you had to fill in personal details. This is correct because the SJ website is showing normal 2nd class as full on that train (it is one of the busiest travel days of the year in Sweden). What they call "2nd class Calm" is available but can't be reserved on the DB site - and of course SJ don't offer the DB train to Copenhagen. If you booked the DB train with DB and "2nd class calm" with SJ the total price AT THE MOMENT will be around 180€ each.

Userpic

Amatum
Traveller
2 comments

replied 5 months ago

Thank you so much for these advices! I was able to book the tickets from Hamburg to all the way to Stockholm. :)