Userpic

jo68-bassinello
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 5 months ago

I'd like to book 4 tickets on couchettes on 27th December from Zurich to Amsterdam but the site does not allow me to choose the seating preferences.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
590 comments

replied 5 months ago

I see "All seats already fully booked" at www.bahn.com with this train.

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1340 comments

replied 5 months ago

OMIO is just a booking agent tand does NOT run any train by itself.
It is always best to book on the site of the railway concerned-where that trains starts in or the main operator.
To the utter surprise of many ignorant newbee: in fact this train can be considered to be operated by 3 national state-run railĀ“companiesĀ“ or rather state-entities, and each one sets its own loco before the train at border points. The full fare is also simply the sum of what each country passed by charges. In case one has a season or discount in 1 country, this will thus be applied only there. But the last years there are more&more lower combo fares as otherwise it would be only for real millionaires.
In case you do only want this train: check what may be available from Basel and take any other Swiss train to get there.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
914 comments

replied 5 months ago

This train is a bit weird. The night cars with berths/beds operate as NJ402 but the day cars with seats are IC60402. Additional night cars are added at Basel. For a bed or sleeping berth use www.nightjet.com who do show availablity on that date, but don't offer the seats.