Userpic

Jeremysmith123
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 5 months ago

Hi guys.

I would like to share this Facebook group with you to share places in Spain.

I would like to create a great community so that we can all share places in Spain and information about interrail in Spain.
Spain is an incredible place and the Mediterranean area is sensational, I encourage you to join and invite your friends so that we can all enjoy the best places together.

​​​​​​​LINK: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tripstospain/?mibextid=oMANbw

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
914 comments

replied 5 months ago

hopefully you will have advice about what a nightmare Spain is for Interrail users.....

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
590 comments

replied 5 months ago

For instance, making reservation. Interrail travellers are foreign people travelling long-distance. For making or collecting a (mostly mandatory) reservation you have to be on a spanish station first. So it is impossible to make reservations in front of your trip.

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1340 comments

replied 5 months ago

So that could also mean such a FB-group could be extremely useful for those daring enough-or ignorant.
Besides that about any longer-distance train needs an extra RES-there are the airport style luggage checks in estaciones.
For those only making a few trips over the hi-speed normal gauge: probably easier and better to use and prebook the competition to that state-run monster RENFE, as IRiYo and the other.
And around all larger cities are the local Cercanias-or Rodalies in Catalan- networks- all gated and near impossible to pass even if one can use these without extra cost.
It seems it is since shortly-a few monthes now possible to make an advance REServ via eurail site for some of the AVE-trenes-with the usual extra fee.
IF Jeremy needs some more propaganda: also post on community.eurail.