Userpic

StellaV13
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 5 months ago

so I had booked my trips and on the 5th of November while I was in Rome the train schedules did not take place. As not even on November 6, with the result that I stayed in Rome because the trains in Rome did not have routes outside of Italy. I deleted my tickets to use them later, but when I entered the application I saw that the 3 days have been used without having traveled. Is there anything I can do to recover unused days?

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1340 comments

replied 5 months ago

Alas dr google sens people unkowing about it all to this site-this is really not the best for this since many years.
EU/INterRail-and though you do not clearly state it, I understand you have such a ticket- has its OWN website: community.eurail, and even after some time moderators appear who work for it and can help you.
Also you post is not that clear-was there a strike? NO trains at all from Roma or you did not have info for the further sectors onward?
With these passes it does indeed work that on the DAY itself you cannot delete anymore-only before it. So-again from the other forum-the advice is always to only do it when youre 123% sure that you can go-any mishap can and will sooner or later happen.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
914 comments

replied 5 months ago

I think the problem was storm damage which badly affected Tuscany and other areas. Going north from Roma was probably not possible.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
590 comments

replied 5 months ago

Try https://www.interrail.eu/en/support/delay-compensation

Userpic

StellaV13
Traveller
1 comments

replied 5 months ago

I don't know why the routes didn't work, but the point is that I spent two days without traveling and I paid a lot for this ticket. Since I realize that it is impossible to recover my money, I would suggest that there is better information for those who would like to buy it, and since the GR code is available, you receive the ticket when you scan it or there is the possibility to recover your travel days if there is a problem with the trains. Because I'm sure I'm not the first person to experience this.