Userpic

Hala
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 5 months ago

Hello, Im trying to book two train tickets from Warsaw Centralna to Berlin centre station on December 23 but couldn't, how can I book?
P.S. I sent this question earlier but now I'm asking with the specific date of travelling.

Many thanks and be well.

Follow this topic
Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 5 months ago

It is because PKP (Polish state railway) dont release their thimetable for the winter (From 10.12) . Btw . its a common issue that people select "Warszawa Centralna" but like Paris , Warszawa hasnt a "main Station" , most long-distance trains leave from Zachodnia or Gdanska . Centralna is located central but more for regionaltrains . On most Website you can select the whole city , i would recommend that to do .

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1336 comments

replied 5 months ago

1.most, in fact well over 90% of rail´tickets´ here in EUR are simply bought in station-from machine, just before travel. Or in many countries people tend to have unlimited passes.
2.most askers here think that INTERnational works the same in every country-it does not. Every country has its own (some are even proud on them) state-railway and some also some ´private´ competition. It is usually-but even that is still not universal- possible to book these trips online-preferably first by the system that runs it-and these all have their own rules, regulations and standards. Besides that also holidays, strikes, works along the line or whatever can mean distorted timings or not yet available. As a rough rule PL=POland only opens it 1 month advance-so sometimes foreigners from far away book flites as they tend to think trains are ´full´ whereas in effect they are still- empty!
Re WAW: Centr IS in fact indeed the main station - and IF the main line across the whole city is working used by about all mainline trains-but as for now this is NOT the case, after so many years of neglect the whole line is now under renovation. The station building itself was newly and quite well renovated a few yrs ago-to do finally away with the communist era unattractive style. Zachod=WEST still may show that- but I understand this is now also under renovation

Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 5 months ago

Yes and no , its right that PKP usually release one month in advance , but DB usually release their tickets six months in advance , so they made a compromise to release the tickets upto two months in advance (for the Berlin-Warszawa Express) . And yes offical is Centralna the "main station" , but practical leaving more long-distance trains from Zachodnia (i know that Zachodnia is under construction , i was there in July this year ) and Wschodnia .

Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 5 months ago

Wschodnia

Attachment Image
Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 5 months ago