Userpic

leandromir
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 6 months ago

A couple from Argentina, owners of the Eurail pass, need to book for 2 people in the sleeping car. They said this cannot be done online - I also cannot find a place where I could book for them. They asked me for help - what could I do for them?
They would like to travel in a sleeping car/ camarote for 2 people from Prague to St.Margrethen on the train En50466 that departs from Prague on 11/01/23 at 6:21 p.m. and arrives in St.Margrethen on 11/02/23 at 7:14 a.m.
How can I do the reservation for them?
Thank you for your help!

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
916 comments

replied 6 months ago

Booking can be done online - but only if the train exists!

First problem, in Europe 11/01/23 was the 11th of January!
Second problem, EN50466 does not run every day and 1st November is day when it doesn't appear to be running.
Third problem, it only called at St Margethen on a few dates when it was diverted, normally the Swiss border stop is Buchs.

There is a regular direct night train from Prague to Zurich which runs by a completely different route and enters Switzerland at Basel. Reservations with Eurail passes are possible through www.nightjet.com, select the journey and get the list of possible trains/options, then click onDiscount Card / International / Eurail. Be warned 50466 is actually only one sleeping car that is passed along a relay of other trains - it has very little capacity and will sell out quickly when it does run.

Userpic

leandromir
Traveller
3 comments

replied 6 months ago

many many thanks! We will try your option! This information is extremely helpful for us!
Muchisimas gracias!!

Userpic

leandromir
Traveller
3 comments

replied 6 months ago

... and it worked, they were able to book a sleeping car to Zurich :)

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
916 comments

replied 6 months ago

Thanks for the update.

Userpic

leandromir
Traveller
3 comments

replied 6 months ago

:)