Thanks for you answers
we can exchange in french

Follow this topic
Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 6 months ago

As Finnland have no Rail connections to Sweden or the Baltic States , you have to take a ferry . I think the best is from Travemünde (- Helsinki) with Finnlines . From Bruxelles you should go via Köln (Cologne) , Lübeck and sometimes also Hamburg . Note , ICEs from Belgium are often delayed or get completly cancelled , but umfortunately it is the easiest way , so you should make a long stop in Köln . Tickets can be book on bahn.de/en (for trains) and finnlines.com for the ferry .

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
912 comments

replied 6 months ago

The important bit here is the dog. If it is too big to be carried in a box/basket then DB charge half adult fare for it - and it must wear a mask on the train (unless guide dog for blind etc..). Finnlines charge 70€ for a dog from Travemünde

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 6 months ago

There are also ferries from Stockholm to Helsinki or to Turku with direct train connection to Helsinki. See www.directferries.com

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1336 comments

replied 6 months ago

Best site-again (those above know, but will not reveal secrets of ´competition´): seat61.com
Describes all overland options from UK to all EUR countries, so just hook on from BE/Bru.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 6 months ago

When making a reservation I am always looking for seat 61. There is indeed a lot of competition for that ;)