Userpic

DrStrangelove
Traveller
5 comments

Posted 12 years ago

Hello everyone,

This is the first time I am travelling with Interrail, so I am very confused about the travel days.
On each route it counts only the boarding on the train or and the disembarking from that? For example if I get on board at 11pm and get off at 1am does will it counts as two traveling days?

I have InterRail Global Pass 10 days within 22 days.

Thank you very much

P.S. Sorry if this question has been answered already, but I did not find anything about it (the search does not seem to work properly).

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi.
Using the rule of night trains:
It has to be a direct night train leaving after 19:00h, arriving later than 05:00h in the morning, then it is ONE travel day.
[u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-night-train[/u]
Peter :)

Userpic

DrStrangelove
Traveller
5 comments

replied 12 years ago

Thank you Peter :D

I have another question. I will take the ship from Patra (Greece) at 14.30 and I will arrive in Ancona at 10.30 next morning. That counts for 2 days right?

Thank you for your help :)

Userpic

Hetman
Traveller
364 comments

replied 12 years ago

yes, it's two days

Userpic

DrStrangelove
Traveller
5 comments

replied 12 years ago

Ok, thank you! :)

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 12 years ago

Using ferries it should be enough to travel overnight - the ferry does not have to leave after 1900. So in this case you should be fine with only one travel day, in fact you can even select whether you want to count the first or the second day.

Flo 8)

Userpic

DrStrangelove
Traveller
5 comments

replied 12 years ago

Flo, I don't get it. Can I select only the second day? My ship ticket is for 8/8/2011. In my interrail pass can I write 9/8, to save one day? In the traveller's guide I read that I have to fill the days on the interrail pass, before boarding on the first train or ferry of the day.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 12 years ago

Yes, you can only select the second day. Or, if you want, you could also only select the first day. It depends on your travel plans. ;)
But you will only need to fill in one travel day.

Userpic

DrStrangelove
Traveller
5 comments

replied 12 years ago

Ok, thank you very much!!! :D