Userpic

iamandreea
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 7 months ago

Hello! Today 18.09 i was in the train IC 94,from Toijala, to Pasila(Helsinki).Between this stations,someone took my luggage and i have their luggag.i dont know what to do.. im desperate.on my luggage is still printed the tag with my name from the airport. my medicine is there..clothes..everything. i will be in finland 3 more weeks ,but honestly i think my luggage is lost forever

Attachment Image
Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
916 comments

replied 7 months ago

to make things worse the lost property department seems to be working from temporary offices, but it's your only chance.

https://www.vr.fi/en/news/2023/09/07/changes-in-lost-property-services

Userpic

iamandreea
Traveller
2 comments

replied 7 months ago

Yes..i saw today on their page..luckily i am in turku now and i can go tomorrow. Does it worth it to go to police station? At least thats what VR told me to do

Userpic

Baldie
Traveller
15 comments

replied 7 months ago

It may only be a small chance at the Police Station, but it would be a good idea to try there. I always put inside the case/luggage (on top of the contents) a sheet of paper with my travel details. mobile phone number and e-mail address on. I don't put my home address on though, as that may let a certain type of person, the house may be empty. Good luck in finding your luggage.

Userpic

iamandreea
Traveller
2 comments

replied 7 months ago

Update: i got my luggage back! It was at lost and found in Turku! Incredible how things are working in Finland and how correct are people! Thank you for everyone’s advice to contact Lost and Found. I paid a fee of 30 euros. A small price for how valuable was the luggage for me! Thank you again and have a lovely week !