Userpic

miss_chanandler_bong
Traveller
7 comments

Posted 12 years ago

Hey folks,
I'm currently trying to figure out how to make my way from Bari to Nice via night train. Bahn.de offers a connection that departs from Bari at 9.45pm and arrives in Nice at 12.06pm the next day and goes via Piacenza, Voghera and Ventimiglia. It uses an InterCity Notte, but I can't seem to find how much that would be for this particular journey.
I also know that there are some connection that go via Rome, but most of them include long stopovers in the middle of the night, which kind of sucks.
Which connection would you recommend - not necessarily the most hassle-free, but rather the cheapest one?
Is it advisable to book a reservation beforehand or can it simply be done at the station?
Thanks in advance :)

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi!

This connection is certainly the best/cheapest one - you will need a reservation for the night train (3€ for a seat, 14€ for a 6bed couchette). In fact, the reservation for the seat would be optional but strongly recommended. For the Voghera - Ventimiglia part which is by IC it is also recommended to get a reservation for 3€.

I dont have the time right now to edit this connection in the railcc database but I will when I return on Wednesday. So please be patient. ;)

Flo 8)

Userpic

miss_chanandler_bong
Traveller
7 comments

replied 12 years ago

Wow, that's great news. Thanks a lot!
The railcc reservation booking system can't find one or both of the stations, but I guess/hope that making a reservation the day before the actual journey should work out fine in Italy, shouldn't it?

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 12 years ago

If it doesnt work via the railcc shop, try :arr: [u]https://rail.cc/en/italy-train-supplement-online-booking/f2949[/u]

Flo 8)

Userpic

miss_chanandler_bong
Traveller
7 comments

replied 12 years ago

Fantastic! You guys are our heroes :) thanks again!