Userpic

mrkarl
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 7 months ago

Hi y'all,

I'm on an ICE train from Berlin to Munich. My plan today was to take the train Berlin-Munich (50 minutes in Munich) and then on to Zurich.

There is a technical problem in Munich and we have been sitting here in Ingolstadt for 2 1/2 hours.

The folks with local DB tickets have forms that entitle them to some kind of compensation due to the delay.

I have a 1st class 15 days of travel in 2 months interrail pass. I make a seat reservation directly with DB. Am I entitled to any kind of compensation?

Thanks,

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
912 comments

replied 7 months ago

The problem that has stopped the trains in Bavaria is a massive fault in Munich, you would have been bette roff searching for a new routing via Augsburg, you MIGHT get to Zurich tonoght if you are still in Ingolstadt.

Compensation is explained on, would you believe, the Interrail website. https://www.interrail.eu/en/support/delay-compensation

Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 7 months ago

For the reservation : The reservation exipres after 15 mins , so what after this 15 mins happens doesnt matter , you can only get a refund in case of cancellation .