Userpic

mrkarl
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 7 months ago

Is my Interrail pass valid for local transportation in Leipzig, Germany?

Google Maps tells me to take a local train from Leipzig main station to "Leipzig-Engelsdorf" which is operated by "Mitteldeutsche Regiobahn".

Is my ticket valid?

Follow this topic
Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 7 months ago

Sure , as MRB (RB 110) and RE 50 (DB Regio) are regular regional trains in the MVV you can use them . In Germany you can use all RB and REs with Interrail . But not the "ÖPNV" (Trams , Buses etc.) .

Userpic

mrkarl
Traveller
3 comments

replied 7 months ago

Thanks Argon

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
912 comments

replied 7 months ago

The Interrail website has a page with details of what is included for each country, Germany has a PDF of all the companies, although the company names may not match the brand names shown by Google Maps. Which leads to the question, why are you using Google Maps to find accurate trains times? Use www.bahn.de

Regional trains in Germany are operated on contract to regional transport authorities by various operators (which may include state operator DB) but all are part of the national and regional tariff systems. Interrail is valid with all those in the system. Trains to Engelsdorf are operated by MRB and two divisions of DB.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 7 months ago

This is the Website : https://www.interrail.eu/content/dam/pdfs/internationale-passangebote-jan-2021.pdf

Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 7 months ago

You can use Interrail for all trains between Leipzig Hbf and Leipzig Engelsdorf . (RB 110 , RE 50 as well as S-Bahn ( S-Bahnen in Leipzig are operated by S-Bahn Mitteldeutschland which are a part DB)