Userpic

Neo
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 8 months ago

Hi everyone,

I have booked a ride from Romania to Austria (Cluj Napoca-Wien). The Austrian homepage says, that it is necessary to have a seat reservation for the ride in Romania. But there is no possibility to purchase the seat reservation neither on the Austrian nor on the Romanian Homepage. I have contacted ÖBB and they told me, to purchase the seat reservation on the Hungarian homepage- but I can't find an option for that on the Hungarian homepage as well.

Any ideas how to get the seat reservation?

thx for your help.

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
916 comments

replied 8 months ago

What do you mean that you have booked a ride? if you have only bought a ticket, where from?

Seat reservations for the day train EC146 are possible through the ÖBB website - go to the ticket sales page, set up the journey details and when you click on search it asks whether you want a ticket or just the reservation (3€) . It can't do it for the night train D346 which suggests they are only possible at Romanian station.

Userpic

Neo
Traveller
3 comments

replied 8 months ago

I bought the ticket from the ÖBB. I haven't booked a night train. I've done a screenshot, from the ÖBB page, which shows, that seat reservations are not available.

Attachment Image
Userpic

Neo
Traveller
3 comments

replied 8 months ago

This screenshot shows, what happens when you click "International travels" on the Hungarian MAV homepage.

Attachment Image
Userpic

Neo
Traveller
3 comments

replied 8 months ago

If you try to find the connection, this will appear on your screen:

Attachment Image
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
916 comments

replied 8 months ago

The message on the ÖBB page means that it is either
full
not open for reservations yet
probably going to be retimed due to something in Romania.

By checking other dates it seems that reservation is possible until the end of September then from 1st October it's not. This suggests that "full" is not the reason. Try again on Monday, if that doesn't work wait to 1st September.