Userpic

ModVil
Traveller
10 comments

Posted 8 months ago

I am traveling to Germany using a Eurail pass and I have a few inquiries:

1.Upon my arrival in Flensburg and Hamburg using my Eurail pass, am I allowed to utilize it for the U-Bahn and S-Bahn services in Hamburg, as well as the buses in Flensburg?

2.I am planning a one-day excursion to Bremen. Can the Schleswig-Holstein ticket be used for a day trip to Bremen and for getting around within the city of Bremen?

3.For a single-day journey from Frankfurt to Mainz, could you advise me on the most cost-effective and suitable ticket option?

4.I am in need of a recommendation for a day ticket in Frankfurt, as well as a means to reach the airport in the evening.

-Thank you-

Follow this topic
Userpic

argon
Traveller
356 comments

replied 8 months ago

Firstly : Yes and no , you can use Eurrail only in DB S-Bahns (these in Hamburg were operate by DB) , but not in Tram , U-Bahn and Busses because they were operated by Hochbahn . However its smarter to buy a normal HVV-ticket(For Hamburg) / NAH.SH-ticket (For Flensburg) instead of using one travel day of your pass . Secondly : No , technically Bremen is a own state like Hamburg , but its surrond by the state of Niedersachsen/Lower Saxony , so you can use "Niedersachsen Ticket" (from HH to Bremen) . And yes these "Ländertickets" (such as Niedersachsen Ticket) are valid on Busses , Trams and U-Bahnen . Thridly : And again : a Länderticket makes it , you can use "Hessen-Ticket" also for journeys to Mainz and there in all DB S-Bahns , RE and RB (only DB regional Trains because Mainz is in the state of Rheinland-Pfalz/Rhineland Palatinate . Fourth : In Frankfurt you need a ticket for 4 Zones (500 , 510 , 3510 and 3500) , a day ticket for this cost you 11,30€ . All ticket can be book online on bahn.com/en or on the DB Navigator . I hope i can help u a bit !

Userpic

argon
Traveller
356 comments

replied 8 months ago

Its a bit funny because i was at Frankfurt few minutes ago . Its maybe the latest photo from the main station :)

Attachment Image
Userpic

ModVil
Traveller
10 comments

replied 8 months ago

Thank you so much.I'm truly grateful for the ease and efficiency you've brought to my planning.