Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 12 years ago

Hey,
I have a question about the connection Zurich HB - Marseille Saint-Charles. I want to leave Zurich as late as possible and reach Marseille the next day as soon as possible without additional paying (the Zurich departure date is 12th Sep 2014). I've found something like that:
17:36 Dep. Zurich HB - Arr. 18:47 Basel SBB - train IR 1982
19:48 Dep. Basel SBB - Arr. 20:23 Mulhouse Ville - train RE 96074
21:36 Dep. Mulhouse Ville - Arr. 06:00 Marseille Saint-Charles - train NZ 4294
As for as I know the first and the second connection fill be free of supplements. What I'm worrying about is the third one... Thank you in advance and I beg you for a quick answer because tommorow we're gonna buy the tickets!
PS. If you know some faster connection on this route without supplements let me know please. Our goal is to spent 12th August in Zurich, night in the train and the 13th August in Marseille.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi.
Just a short answer ... the night train is this one (just added it):
[u]https://rail.cc/en/night-train/strasbourg-nice-icn-4283/163[/u]
You can get cheap seats on it - but the couchettes are also inexpensive and better to sleep.
Peter :)

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 12 years ago

Thank you so much, Peter. No I see the seats are for 6 EUR. I'm wondering if there will be still non-occupied seats if we will make a reservation just before the train's departure (or maybe we can do it e.g. in Zurich, Vienna or Poznan (Poland))? - because we'll be visiting those cities earlier.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 12 years ago

Yes. It should be possible in Vienna and Zurich. In Poznan: try it, but I don't know.
Other option is directly via the French national railway website: voyages-sncf.fr
Select at Carte et Abonnement: Abo Forfait 2e
Pay online and pick it up at a ticket machine in the station of Mulhouse.
Peter :)

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 12 years ago

Just checked it. The seat is even only EUR 1,50. :)
You can try as well this website, follow the link: [u]https://rail.cc/en/train-tickets/france/fr[/u]

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 12 years ago

Thank you very very much. You've helped me a lot!