Userpic

Otto
Traveller
4 comments

Posted 8 months ago

1. subject: on one day I will define Vienna-Zurich and separately zurich-lausanne at a time more convenient for me.
It will be the first trip leaving my home residence. Is this possible ?
2. subject: mobile pass for 2 persons - do we need separate handys, when we do the same trip, can this be done on one mobile pass with 2 persons ?
Thanks for your kind answer
Cheers Otto

Follow this topic
Userpic

Otto
Traveller
4 comments

replied 8 months ago

I will explain the 1st item better: Vienna-Lausanne as one trip is possible (makes 3 train changes on one trip). To have it separated on 2 trains Vienna-Zurich and Zurich-Lausanne makes it a better choice but can this be defined for the same day ?

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
912 comments

replied 8 months ago

Yes and yes. But...

people have reported problems (which may be their fault....) extending travel on "home country" days, you may need to add the segments in the correct order. Your "home country" section is actually to Buchs SG which is the border between ÖBB and SBB, what happens after Buchs is not restricted by the home country rule, but reserve the whole Vienna-Zurich section as one.

you can load the App and add both passes from one or more orders to the same phone or split one order across various phones. I'm not sure how you would get reservations together if they were on different phones. There is also the question of what would happen if they are on one phone and it is lost or damaged - both passes will become unusable which would add to your problem.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 8 months ago

That's no problem. Your passnumber in combination with your passportnumber are unique and stays in the Interrail database. It can always be reloaded on a new phone.