Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

Posted 9 months ago

I have a little question , if i have a Super Saver (DB) for a long distance train (in my case a IC) , can i also use RB and RE for the journey (same itineary). Many thanks !

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 9 months ago

Super Saver has probably 'zugbindung" as far as I know.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 9 months ago

I know , but not for Regionaltrains , my question if this also count if even not one part of the journey/ticket include a part with a regionaltrain .

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 9 months ago

Von Google:
Nicht jedem ist offenbar klar, dass diese Zugbindung bei den 29-Euro-Sparpreisen nur für die Fernverkehrszüge, also IC oder ICE, gilt. Muss man zunächst einen Regionalzug nutzen, um den Fernverkehrsbahnhof zu erreichen, und ist ein solcher Regionalzug auf dem Ticket aufgeführt, gilt für diesen keine Zugbindung.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 9 months ago

Eben, es geht darum das KEIN Regionalzug aufgeführt ist , es aber die gleiche Strecke ist . Beim kauf einer Fahrkarte wird immer explizit erwähnt das es eben keine Zugbindung für Regionalzüge gibt .

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 9 months ago

Looks to me if regional trains are excluded from the zugbindungsystem it works both ways.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
912 comments

replied 9 months ago

Start at the beginning - in Germany there is no such ticket as Super Saver, What you see on the English language version of the website or leaflet is an English translation of Super Sparpreis (the same thing happens with the basic Sparpreis ticket).

If you book a ticket from A to B and it offers Super Sparpreis then there will be at least one train operated by DB Fernverkehr somewhere in the itinery. These are the long distance fast trains marked as ICE, IC and EC and possibly ECE/RJ/RJX in some areas. The use of the trains shown is fixed (unless a delay on an earlier train causes you to miss it or it is cancelled or heavily delayed - in which cases try to get confirmation). The itinery may show local trains as connections with the long distance trains, these are recommended but you can be a bit flexible, such as to make the connection time longer if you need more time or because an alternative might be more comfortable. The local connections don't even have to be operated by DB, if they are shown on the itinery for the ticket then the ticket is valid on them.

But you cannot swap a fixed "Fern" train for a different one unless DB (or other regional operator in the itinery) are responsible for a problem that requires you to. It sounds mad but DB Fernverkehr, DB Regio, DB S-Bahn (insert city name) and the other operators are all financially seperate companies. This no swap rule applies from the moment you buy it, although you can cancel and start again with 12 hours of buying. After 12 hours you can't cancel either. And no matter how hard you try to alter parameters in the booking system it will never sell you a Sparpreis without the main train being a Fernverkehr service.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 9 months ago

Yes MisterSteve as a German i normally pronouce it "Sparpreis", "Supersparpreis" or "Supersparpreis Aktion" , but in my opinion not-german peoples cannot understand in basic what this means , so if write in English i say "SuperSaver" , i exuse me if this confuse you a bit ! I know that they would never sell me a ticket for a regionaltrain , but in this case the regionaltrain would cost three times more , regardless that IC is a much higher class of train . My question if can use a ticket for a much higher train categorie in this RB .

Attachment Image
Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 9 months ago

pic

Attachment Image
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
912 comments

replied 9 months ago

Your original question said "same itinery" but they are not the same itinery. The 9.65€ price is for travel on DB Fernsverkehrs IC2310 at 13:02 with no change of trains. The second is for a 13:22 departure operated on behalf of Schleswig Holstein State at their tarif and with a change of trains. You must travel on IC2310 if you buy the Super Sparpreis offered for IC2310 - if you don't want to travel on that train don't choose it. The price is cheaper because of the strict conditions, and because the date is so far off - it will go up before then.

Your contract will be by the German language version of the terms "Mit dem Super Sparpreis können Sie nur auf der gebuchten Verbindung reisen. Die Angebote werden innerhalb Deutschlands im ICE, IC/EC angeboten. Züge des Nahverkehrs (z.B. RE, RB, IRE oder S-Bahn sowie Züge nichtbundeseigener Eisenbahnen) können Sie für die Anreise zum Bahnhof und Weiterreise zum Zielort nutzen, wenn Sie diese mitgebucht haben. Für Nahverkehrs-Züge besteht keine Zugbindung.

1: "nur auf der gebuchten Verbindung reisen" Only in booked connection
2: "Die Angebote werden innerhalb Deutschlands im ICE, IC/EC angeboten" The offer is available within Germany in ICE/IC/EC
3: "Züge des Nahverkehrs ....... können Sie für die Anreise zum Bahnhof und Weiterreise zum Zielort nutzen, wenn Sie diese mitgebucht haben. Für Nahverkehrs-Züge besteht keine Zugbindung. " Local trains can be used to the station (meaning to reach the ICE/IC/EC) and to continue to destination (meaning beyond the ICE/IC/EC) IF THEY ARE BOUGHT WITH THE OFFER for the ICE/IC/EC train
4: "Für Nahverkehrs-Züge besteht keine Zugbindung." for the local trains there is no fixed connection

The first itinery does not require any local trains so none can be bought with the offer, therefore the rules about them don't apply.

And with the second itinery, nobody needs to pay 33.50€ because for a departure at that time the flat rate Schleswig Holstein Ticket is valid (but not on IC trains).

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 8 months ago

"Wer eine ICE oder IC-Fahrt beim Super Sparpreis Young mit dem Regionalangebot kombinieren möchte, kann ebenso "die Züge des Nahverkehrs (RE, RB, IRE, S-Bahn) nutzen, wenn bei Buchung angegeben", heißt es in den die Bedingungen des neuen Jugendtarifs."

Beim dem ICE hier ist kein regionalzug angegeben.

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1336 comments

replied 8 months ago

On the sector that has zugbindung, i.e. that on an IC/ICE etc train- on THAT sector you canNOT use RE/RE=local trains, only the train advertised. Except when it has-like so often, a considerable delay, then any train can be used. But you will not know that till when there-though sometimes they even advise in advance the train has been cancelled and youre free to use.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 8 months ago

@MisterSteve Yes as a German i pronounce it "Sparpreis" or "SuperSparpreis" , but if i write in English i write it the English version . Yes i also that know that with the SH-Ticket , its just so that my budget is very small . Anyway thank you MisterSteve , Arend7 and nltrainer ! Hope u guys have a good day !

Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 8 months ago

(So i recap : it is NOT possible )