Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2469 comments

Posted 13 years ago

On our way home to İzmir, we have planned to use sea route ( Athens-Chios-Cesme)
Note: Cesme is 45 min from Chios, in mainland Tukey

Does my pass, cover this route?(global,1 month)
İ don't really think that it will cover Chios-Cesme part but, bluestar ferries-interrail member(as far as i know) connects Athens to Chios so it may be included in my pass.
Can i go ticket-free? Do you know anything about that?

Thank you all

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1386 comments

replied 13 years ago

no, of course not. You have to pay-if you get a discount, maybe, asking will not hurt. But often the best discounts (even more as the little an IR may bring) you get when you book online long before. BUT:
1. for domestic travel in Gr the fares are govt-set and the only discount you may get is for age-too young or too old.
2.it does not make any sense to still have time on your IR left when using these boats-that is money throw away.
3.the short boats Gr-TR coast are VERY expensive, due to the former uneasy relation between these 2, as they go in./out of the EU and very high port taxes on both sides. Often you only can get returns as daytrip-which for you makes no sense. (Türkcem?). merhaba back home.

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2469 comments

replied 13 years ago

İ think it is funny that you can travel from italy to greece without a ticket fare while you pay for domestic connections :| İsn't it?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9333 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hi.
Interrail is a RAIL ticket. Not a general Travel Europe Ticket. :)
And Italy - Greece is only discounted as otherwise it is hard to get there (of course you can do it trough Eastern Europe).
Peter :)

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2469 comments

replied 13 years ago

Hmmm good idea Travel-Europe, never thought of it :D lets found a company like that