Userpic

Ingrid123
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 9 months ago

I want to check lines with train from Hamburg to Barcelona. But what date I ever choose I get the message "Could not find any train". Can anyone explain?

Follow this topic
Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 9 months ago

Where you tried this , but general is this sometimes when the itinerary is too long or too complicated .Heres a example : via Mannheim and Paris , Hamburg Hbf from 04:17 with ICE 275 to Mannheim arr. 09:40 , dep. with ICE 9556 to Paris Est , arr. there 12:53 , tranfer to Paris Gare de Lyon ,from there TGV 9715 to Barcelona Sants , arr. there 21:25 . Simpel try bahn.com

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
912 comments

replied 9 months ago

As well as this being a complicated journey there may be another problem. Which timezone are you in??? Journey planners usually look for an immediate departure and then the next hour or two - with the time being the local time of the company. If you are in a different time zone you may be asking when it is middle of the night in Europe, so there may be nothing for many hours - so it will give up. If you set a specific start time it doesn't matter what the current time is. Same with date, if you don't specify it will use today - and seasonal trains later in the year won't apply (or it may show trains running today that won't be runnng later in the year!)

Userpic

Ingrid123
Traveller
2 comments

replied 9 months ago

I have been trying with several dates, July, August and September. Nothing works.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 9 months ago

Where did you look ?

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 9 months ago

Did you really try www.bahn.com (or .de if you are German). If you don't say which site you used, we can't help you.

Userpic

Ingrid123
Traveller
2 comments

replied 9 months ago

I am located in Sweden and I tredje Omio, Happyrail. Finally I found Tagcharter - Stockholm to Barcelona. But that route was to expensive. Thank you for helping me.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
912 comments

replied 9 months ago

Is there any particular reason why you avoid using the official websites of the train operators, especially the one that has already been given?

Your original question was about schedules, not prices.

Tagcharter and Omio are sales agents. They all sell tickets on the same trains and they should be the about the same price. They will not give information about trains they cannot sell tickets for. International rail travel is not cheap and on popular air routes like Barcelona it will be cheaper to fly. In this case Tagcharter do give a small clue on the website but may not tell you properly in an enquiry. For Stockholm (or Hamburg) to Barcelona an Interrail pass is probably the cheapest option so asking about fares isn't needed, you need the schedules and that takes us back to the beginning - use www.bahn.com

Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 9 months ago

Yes and No , if you like to travel in the near future its its the best option , but MisterSteve , consider that the reservation for TGV especially for these to Barcelona are very difficult to book (as fare i know only at staffed counter) . If you like travel in few months its better to book at international-bahn.de/en , there cost a ticket for a randome day in november 106,90€ and 1.class just 127,90€ , a ticket from Stockholm to HH cost also not that much if you book in advance . The smallest Interrail-Pass cost 194€ + Reservation Fees (i think 10€ for TGVs and 4,90€ for ICEs/ICs ) .