Userpic

SKitty
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 9 months ago

Hello!
I am wondering how I can book seat reservations for my trip in the title. I am not able to do it with the interrail app for these trains. I would be happy for all of your tips!

Thank you!

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
912 comments

replied 9 months ago

The only trains in Spain which can be reserved online (via Interrail) are AVE. At least that's what an announcement on their forum said a couple fo weeks ago, the website still suggests they can't. No other Spanish train or Portugues trains can be reserved online. The direct train from Lisbon to Madrid no longer runs and there are no plans to restart it. Nor are there any indirect trains on that route. The only option is an indirect, multi train journey via Badajoz.

Userpic

SKitty
Traveller
3 comments

replied 9 months ago

So the only possibility is to make the reservation directly in Spain, right?

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
912 comments

replied 9 months ago

Basically yes. It is possible to ask them by telephone to hold reservations but you only have a couple of days to go to a Spanish station to pay and collect them. If you don't collect in time they will be released.

Userpic

SKitty
Traveller
3 comments

replied 9 months ago

Oh no. Hopefully my trip will work, as I am expecting… that I get seat reservations on the day I want to travel…

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1336 comments

replied 9 months ago

Its not either/or: when I started my IR in early march in ESpana, I did the needed RES all in 1 go at Malaga estacion (stayed there close by a week or 2 before) and this was dead-easy to. BUT in ES canNOT do for PT. Most passusers seem determined that trains are booked solid monthes ahead-this is of course pure nonsense, but as you can do it at any estacion, you also do not have to wait till you are at the place you leave from.

Userpic

SKitty
Traveller
3 comments

replied 9 months ago

These are really good news!
Thank you very much!