Userpic

ModVil
Traveller
10 comments

Posted 9 months ago

I am planning a day trip from Hamburg to Lubeck. Which pass or ticket offers the best value? Can I use the Schleswig-Holstein ticket to travel from Hamburg to Lubeck and return within one day?

*I don't live in Germany.I am traveling from Thailand.

**My entire plan is to arrive in Copenhagen (spend 3 days), then move to Flensburg (1 night), after which I will go to Hamburg (spend 3 days, including a day trip to Lubeck). From there, I will visit Bremen, Hanover, and finally end my journey in Frankfurt, with a total duration of 14 nights.

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
912 comments

replied 9 months ago

Yes - but from Monday to Friday it is not valid before 09:00. Weekends and public holidays that time limit does not apply. For one person it is €29, add €5 for anyone else travelling with you on the same ticket up to group size of 5. Buy one ticket for the number of people and write the names on the ticket - for Handy (phone) tickets only the name of the lead passenger is taken.

Within Hamburg the ticket is valid on S-Bahn and U-Bahn trains and most city buses (not the Schnellbus network) within the zones A and B and can be bought from HVV ticket machines as well as from DB machines at railway stations. So if you need local travel to reach Hauptbahnhof from where you are staying you can get it within the same cost. The ticket is NOT valid on trains with categories IC, EC or ICE but I don't think any of those run to Lubeck anymore so it doesn't matter.

Userpic

ModVil
Traveller
10 comments

replied 9 months ago

Wow ... Thank you so much

Userpic

ModVil
Traveller
10 comments

replied 9 months ago

"The Schleswig-Holstein ticket does not require a reservation. Should I purchase it at the train station on the day of travel or up to one day in advance."

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1336 comments

replied 9 months ago

Note thare are over there 2 types of such tickets
the dayticket S-H is ALSO valid in Mecklenburg-Pommern, and this is from 9.00 mo-fr. It is the slightly cheaper option.
There is ALSO a dyticket for all of S-H only and this is valid all day.
However, check normal prices, just a day return may be even cheaper an odd € or so, its just 60 KMs.
If you also hold a local ticket for the Hamburg area, then you only need to pay for the sector from last stop covered till Lb.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
912 comments

replied 9 months ago

The "Schleswig-Holstein Ticket" (with that name, even in German) has to be bought from machines to get those prices - there is a service charge at ticket windows. It takes a few seconds to buy, if it isn't listed on the quick menu on the screen of the machine press "Regional Angebote" (or regional offers if it's in English). You will asked how many people 1-5 and you can select a forward date. Buying the day before is useful if you are near a station at that time and want to use it for the first time on a city bus to reach the station next morning but make sure you select the correct date.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 9 months ago

SH-Ticket isnt limited , so you can buy it any time , also online : https://fahrkarten.bahn.de/privatkunde/pauschalpreisbuchen/pauschalpreis_start.post?angebotsgruppe=14&returnurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bahn.com%2Fen%2Fview%2Foffers%2Fregional%2Fregional-day-tickets.shtml&scope=standalone&lang=en&country=GBR&dbkanal_007=teaserSliderBigImage_3-9_link_sh#stay . It is also valid in Hamburg in Zones A and B .

Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 9 months ago

Sorry for the bit scarrie looking link , i think this is because DB is testing there new website "next.bahn.de" :)

Userpic

ModVil
Traveller
10 comments

replied 9 months ago

Thank you for all comment.I love these community.