Userpic

Defaultpixel
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 9 months ago

Hey all,

I'm going to make a trip to Poland using my interrail pass. However, for most of the rides, reservations are required. Some of these reservations can be made through the interrail website, but some cannot. I read on the EuroCity website that reservations can also be made at train stations. My question is: is it possible to make reservations at the train stations during my trip, and if so, where at the train stations can i buy reservations? Thanks in advance.

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1336 comments

replied 9 months ago

Have been to PL quite a few times-also with a pass, last autumn and this spring and you worry FAAAR too much-like seems usual for about any newbee. Simply go to counter, with using brains: do that right after arrival somewhere, to have peace of mind and let the lady do it-cost is 1 PLN (about 22 ct) for the normal fast trains and a little more for the very few pendulum-superfast trains. Or a place in couchette overnight or the like. You do not have to do that in the town where that train leaves from. And yes-the lady will be very much used to that. This is for IN PL-for going out it will cost more-the usual INtern prices (about 4€).
Note that normal prices are quite low and it may be cheaper to book online a normal ticket. There are then discounts for seniors and juniors/studentiky.