Userpic

Baldie
Traveller
15 comments

Posted 9 months ago

Are the trains in Sweden punctual?
If my train arrives from Kiruna to Boden at 13.49, and my next train to Umea leaves at 14.05, will this be enough time?
As both trains appear to leave in the same direction, would I have to change platforms?
If I do, would there be time to change platforms, bearing in mind I will have an airline "hold" and a "carry on" bag to handle?
Or, would it be better to wait four hours for the next connection?
Is there a way to find out in advance for arriving/departure platforms for other (longer) connection times in Norway & Sweden?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 9 months ago

I had to wait once (2019) in a train in Boden for more than an hour. It was announced that we have to wait for a delayed from the north. So I think, you should not be concerned. In countries where there is 1 train in 4 hours, waiting for delayed trains is more usual than where there are 4 trains in 1 hour.

Userpic

Baldie
Traveller
15 comments

replied 9 months ago

That's good to know. thanks.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 9 months ago

Actually, I arrived in Boden with a replacement bus from Kiruna. Wouldn't surprise me the station staff in Boden didn't know that train was cancelled.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
350 comments

replied 9 months ago

Im currently in Sweden on board one of SJs X2000 and hes depart on time , generally train are very punctual ein my opinion exept nighttrains they can easily delayed by 1h and more .

Userpic

Baldie
Traveller
15 comments

replied 9 months ago

Thanks, Argon