Userpic

gonmarq
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 12 years ago

Hi,

Anybody knows the diference between one country pass for UK ( 279 euros - 6 days) and BritRail Pass ( Flexible Pass 279 euros - 8 days ). All of this for Adult!

I have to buy the ticket and i don´t know what is better!

Thank's in advance,

Gonçalo

Follow this topic
Userpic

Lordmwa
Traveller
117 comments

replied 12 years ago

I guess because im in the UK i cannot see the prices and other details but it seems britrail is a set up of ATOC (the people in charge of the Uk train operators.

If this is cheaper or the same price i would probably recommend this as it is the local one, however i have never heard of it before. Im sure Peter will be able to shed a bit more light on the situation but my best guess would be that they cover the same area.

It also depends where you are going - the britrail seems to have some avaliable for smaller areas such as just england so if you are not planning on going to scotland that is probably cheaper

If you have any other questions about the UK railways i can probably be more helpful (i seem to spend my life on them!)

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi.
Lordmwa already told the most important things.
There is not difference in both products (at least as much as I know). Britrail is focused only on the UK - Interrail is focused on Europe (and beside offers the One Country Passes). Therefore you have more options, cheaper prices, etc at Britrail.
And as background information - the company helping railcc with the ticket sending is the one which introduced Britrail in behalf of ATOC. So buy it here at the railcc shop - and you support at the same time our work - and get your ticket to the official price:
[u]https://rail.cc/en/search-train-routeBritRail_Passes[/u]
Peter :)

Userpic

gonmarq
Traveller
3 comments

replied 12 years ago

Thanks both!

I will buy it on railcc! :D

Best wishes

Gonçalo

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1343 comments

replied 12 years ago

there are some difference:
1.britrail is not set up (that was an awful long time ago, even before IR started-to complement the then EUrail passes) by ATOC, but by British Rail of that time. But thats long history. ( I had my first one- 1 week or 8 days for about 10 GBP of that time-worth in € money 4 times as much as today). But then they also had shillings and pence.
2.BRITrail has MANY more different offers; Only England, ENg+Wales, the whole Island or the greater area around LONdon, with most of the tipical tourist places. these are cheaper as IR-1 country. they also offer more discounts, like for couple or in off-saseon, and then it is certainly cheaper as IR-1c. So if you only go to the UK it is certainly worth taking a look into.
(A Brit having lived overseas for some time is also allowed to buy one-but i dont know how long that period is)