Userpic

ModVil
Traveller
10 comments

Posted 9 months ago

How can I journey from Copenhagen to Flensbrug? Which pass would be suitable for my travel?
I have planned to spend 3 days in Copenhagen before moving on to Flensbrug, Hamburg, Bremen, Hanover, and finally Frankfurt, where I will stay for 9 days in Germany.

Follow this topic
Userpic

argon
Traveller
351 comments

replied 9 months ago

Do you live Germany ?

Userpic

TrainTravellerSommer
Traveller
11 comments

replied 9 months ago

The easiest way to get there is with changing in Frederica. You can book it via bahn.de, with bahn card it may be cheaper.
Hope I Could help a little bit:)

Userpic

TrainTravellerSommer
Traveller
11 comments

replied 9 months ago

The easiest way to get there is with changing in Frederica. You can book it via bahn.de, with bahn card it may be cheaper.
Hope I Could help a little bit:)

Userpic

ModVil
Traveller
10 comments

replied 9 months ago

Thank you for all of your answers. Just to clarify,I don't live in Germany.I am traveling from Thailand.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
914 comments

replied 9 months ago

This really depends on how many people are travelling together, and whether there will be an overnight stay in each city mentioned. For 1 -5 people from Flensburg to Hamburg (and central Hamburg local transport for the rest of the day) a Schleswig Holstein Ticket could be best. €29 for one person travelling alone, or add €5 for the next 1-4 people in the group (so €49 for 5 people).

Hamburg, Bremen and Hanover are all covered by the Niedersachsen Ticket (€25 for 1 person rising to €46 for 5) but if only travelling one section in one day it might be cheaper to but simple tickets.

Hanover-Frankfurt : work out an itinery and buy ticket weeks in advance from www.bahn.com

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1340 comments

replied 9 months ago

Sawasdee khrap lae choke dee duay.
Is there any specific reason to stay in Fl-bg? Ie been there a few times and most people would head onward to hamburg directly.
Npte that is SUMMer and if you also do more trips-also metro/bus etc in Danmark, they do a 7/8-day quite cheap weekly ticket for about 55€-check dsb.dk-also thebest to buy a ticket if only that wanted

Userpic

argon
Traveller
351 comments

replied 9 months ago

Dependent on the time you book , its maybe cheaper to book all tickets seperate .

Userpic

ModVil
Traveller
10 comments

replied 9 months ago

"I have decided to take a train from Copenhagen to Flensburg, with a stopover in the city of Kolding to explore before continuing. However, I'm wondering if it's necessary to book train tickets in advance to get a cheaper price."

"For travel in Germany, I'm considering using the German Pass. I would like to know if it is valid for ICE and IC trains."

Userpic

argon
Traveller
351 comments

replied 9 months ago

Yes , sure it is valid in IC , ICE and EC trains . Its not necesarry to book in advance , but its smart , because some tickets cost 17,90€ when you book in advance (max. 6 months) , and then 160€ if you book few day before . Btw. this IC is often overcrowed so i recommend to make a reservation .

Userpic

argon
Traveller
351 comments

replied 9 months ago

This is like at plane , but every country decied this for its own , most countrys in Europe have this , Poland for example not .

Userpic

ModVil
Traveller
10 comments

replied 9 months ago

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Userpic

ModVil
Traveller
10 comments

replied 6 months ago

"I've decided to purchase a ticket from Copenhagen to Flensburg, with a connection on ICL31 to IC383. I'm somewhat concerned that if the ICL31 train from Copenhagen arrives late at Fredericia station, I might miss my connection to IC383. Can I catch the next train to Flensburg in that case?"

Attachment Image
Userpic

argon
Traveller
351 comments

replied 6 months ago

This is a difficult question because on border-crossing trains from DK to DE , reservations are mandatory , i think most conductors will be allow you to take another train , but its not guaranteed . So either i would recommend to cancel the ticket and book a new for the route Koebenhaven to Schleswig and from there with a RE to Flenburg ( its a small detour but its saver) or buy a addotional reservation (for the IC 5755) in advance on dsb.dk/en for 30 DKK . But i also saw this connection few times , but this short transfer time sounded suspect to me , so i not booked it . Afterwards i saw that i would had missed the IC !

Userpic

ModVil
Traveller
10 comments

replied 6 months ago

Thank you so much