Userpic

aerenblue
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 9 months ago

Hi, I have got the Global Pass 10 flex days in 2 months and i have a doubt. When setting the journeys and choose the days, is 1 day equal to 24h of unlimited journeys? I mean, how does 1 day count: since 00:00 of the choosen day to 24:00 of the same day, or 1 day is equal to 24h since the first train time of the choosen day?

For example: it's August 4th and i take a train at 9:22 and i arrive at 18:45. And then, the next day, August 5th, i take a train at 7:30 and i arrive at 8:00. Does that count as 1 day or 2 days of journey? Because it hasn't been 24 hourse since the 8:22 of August 4th to 8:00 of August 5th.

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
914 comments

replied 9 months ago

The answer is calendar days although the Interrail website is very badly written, it starts of by saying it is a 24 hour period but then adds that this is from " 00:00 (midnight) to 23:59 on the same calendar day"... It would have been clearer if they had just said it is one calendar day. There is a slight exception to the rule, if you use an overnight train that departs before midnight the travel day can run until whenever you get off that train next day - the extension does not include any connections to complete your actual journey. The extension does not apply if the departure is on the last day of valdity of the pass.

The example you suggest would be two travel days and the 30 minutes on the second day is almost certainly a waste of money to use a travel day.

There is more confusion for Mobile Passes because they are always based on midnight Central European time, as the page points out, some countries are actually in an earlier timezone - what it doesn't mention is the UK, Ireland and Portugal are in a later one!!

https://www.interrail.eu/en/support/interested-in-interrailing/what-is-a-travel-day

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
590 comments

replied 9 months ago

I doubt the last remark is correct. My app gives for Brussels-London 1 hour (nominally) and for London-Brussels 3 hours. At both mentioned 2 hours at real duration.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
914 comments

replied 9 months ago

You doubt that UK, Ireland and Portugal are not in the Central European Time Zone or you doubt what Interrail say on their web site?

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
590 comments

replied 9 months ago

I doubt that UK, IR and POR are based on Central European time, That's how I interprete the text. At least I was never confused when I was In UK with a one-country p.