Userpic

SenlacScotland
Traveller
4 comments

Posted 12 years ago

Hello,

A few days ago i travelled from Stuttgart to Milan via Zurich. The first train was fine and cost nothign extra, the second, from Zurich to Milan had a compulsary reservation of 10€. When i arrived at Zurich train station I found my train and began looking for my carriage, but there were no carriage numbers. Then, one of the train guys told me that there had been some issues and that this was a replacement train without carriage numbers and so i could just get on and sit anywhere. So i got on at the carriage he was standing at and sat down. About 10 or 15 minutes into the journey, however, whe the inspectors came to check my ticket, i was told i was sitting in 1st Class (which was almost empty) ad would have to move to 2nd class. I picke dup my things to do so, dragged them halfway through the train to 2nd Class only to find out that the second class carriage was choc a block with no free seats and people and cases standing in the gangway. I had no ption therefore but to spend all but the last half an hour or so a the 4 hour trip (which itself got in about half an hour late) sitting on the stairs by the door at the entrance to the train. Extremely uncomfortable and NOT what one expects when they've paid and additional 10€ to reserve a SEAT!

I was wondering therefore who i should contact to complain about this? Should i contact the Station in Stuttgart, where i bought the reservation? Or the company who ran the train?

Thanks in advance!

Andy

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi Andy!

Try here :arr: [u]http://www.sbb.ch/en/meta/contact.html[/u]

Flo 8)