Userpic

Panthera
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 10 months ago

Unfortunatelly SNCF doesn't accept my Mastercard during ordering on sncf.com. I never had such a problem with this Mastercard! There is no other paying-possibility for Austrians. Is there any possibility to buy my rail tickets (Paris to Toulouse and Toulouse to Zarazoza (Spain) (via Narbonne) anywhere else on the Internet?

Thank you so much!

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
917 comments

replied 10 months ago

It's more likely that the financial company handling sncf-connect payments doesn't accept your card. My advice is always try the official operator first because it would be easier to sort out problems later, but if that fails as in your case you have options of Omio who pay more attention to international clients needs.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
353 comments

replied 10 months ago

For the Paris-Toulous part you can try international-bahn.de , here you also pay with Mastercard and even with PayPal .

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1343 comments

replied 9 months ago

Being dutch and also from the bank that mostly uses MC: I guess you do not have a real cr-cd, but a payment cd and these are never accepted in FR. But it is true that due to vague historic reasons and old habits and perhaps a big fear of everything foreign-non francais, its often VISA(used to be Carte Bleu there) only. As steve says, in your case its then : use another provider.
OR-youre not too clear on this, via OeBB you can even RES only-for just 3€ if you have a pass or the like for most. Can also book-also tickets- via b-europe.com (Belgian railways-they charge a 4€ extra on whole order)