Userpic

hugolamberet
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 10 months ago

Hi, I want to book a reservation for the 2nd of July but the website told me that my pass number is wrong... What am I supposed to do please ??

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
920 comments

replied 10 months ago

I thought Trenitalia had stopped issuing IR/ER pass reservations through their website, how have you got to the point where it checks the number?

Userpic

hugolamberet
Traveller
2 comments

replied 10 months ago

I really don't get...

Attachment Image
Userpic

hugolamberet
Traveller
2 comments

replied 10 months ago

+

Attachment Image
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
920 comments

replied 10 months ago

That doesn't look like the Trenitalia website. My guess is that it's out of date and lets you ask for a passholder fare but then has no way of issuing it.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
594 comments

replied 10 months ago

I think this is from interrail.eu. When it was outdated it couldn't say the correct timetable of 2023. But I think this is only a timetable. Can you make a reservation with this. I don't think so. (I would be pleasently surprised when I'm wrong this time ;)

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
594 comments

replied 10 months ago

it's from https://app.italiarail.com/results. Looks like it is indeed possible to make a seat reservation. At the left you can choose between "no interrailpass, 1.class and 2.class".

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
594 comments

replied 10 months ago

But it doesn't work on a valid number of myself neither (although I haven't activate this number yet, maybe that's the problem or it is really an outdated site)

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
920 comments

replied 10 months ago

Italiarail.com IS a valid site for Interrail pass holders tickets on Trenitalia according to Interrail.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/tips-and-tricks/trains-europe/trains-country/trains-italy

I'd agree that the problem might be that the pass has not been activated.

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1345 comments

replied 10 months ago

go to community.eurail.com - far better informed and many more topics.
you CAN do the RES for FRecce etc In IT via oebb.com- for just 3€=IC or 10, maybe now 12 or 13, for FRecce.
Italiarail is a private person somewhere near Boston/Mass=USA who mostly sells expensive tours etc but seems also to promise s/he can do RES only-in practice this will for EURopeans always lead to disappointment
Also for new style mobile passes you must generate a passcover nr (that is printed on old style paper passes) to make some RES. All this wisdom from that community