Userpic

hugolamberet
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hi, I want to book a reservation for the 2nd of July but the website told me that my pass number is wrong... What am I supposed to do please ??

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
1041 comments

replied 1 year ago

I thought Trenitalia had stopped issuing IR/ER pass reservations through their website, how have you got to the point where it checks the number?

Userpic

hugolamberet
Traveller
2 comments

replied 1 year ago

I really don't get...

Attachment Image
Userpic

hugolamberet
Traveller
2 comments

replied 1 year ago

+

Attachment Image
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
1041 comments

replied 1 year ago

That doesn't look like the Trenitalia website. My guess is that it's out of date and lets you ask for a passholder fare but then has no way of issuing it.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
624 comments

replied 1 year ago

I think this is from interrail.eu. When it was outdated it couldn't say the correct timetable of 2023. But I think this is only a timetable. Can you make a reservation with this. I don't think so. (I would be pleasently surprised when I'm wrong this time ;)

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
624 comments

replied 1 year ago

it's from https://app.italiarail.com/results. Looks like it is indeed possible to make a seat reservation. At the left you can choose between "no interrailpass, 1.class and 2.class".

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
624 comments

replied 1 year ago

But it doesn't work on a valid number of myself neither (although I haven't activate this number yet, maybe that's the problem or it is really an outdated site)

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
1041 comments

replied 1 year ago

Italiarail.com IS a valid site for Interrail pass holders tickets on Trenitalia according to Interrail.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/tips-and-tricks/trains-europe/trains-country/trains-italy

I'd agree that the problem might be that the pass has not been activated.

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1377 comments

replied 1 year ago

go to community.eurail.com - far better informed and many more topics.
you CAN do the RES for FRecce etc In IT via oebb.com- for just 3€=IC or 10, maybe now 12 or 13, for FRecce.
Italiarail is a private person somewhere near Boston/Mass=USA who mostly sells expensive tours etc but seems also to promise s/he can do RES only-in practice this will for EURopeans always lead to disappointment
Also for new style mobile passes you must generate a passcover nr (that is printed on old style paper passes) to make some RES. All this wisdom from that community