Userpic

LauSon
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 9 months ago

Hello:
I´d read The "Tenda Railway article" posted on 17th August 2016 by Flo, and I would like to take the scenic train from Nice France directly To Turin Italy. You mentioned that departure is from the Nice Cote d'Azur Airport to Turin Porta Nova train station.

Could you please tell me in which web site I can buy tickets for this train?.....because I already browsed in raileurope, trainline, nsinternational, Omio and any of those offer the Nice Airport departure only options from Nice-Ville train station, that I guess is a regular train with no scenic views.

Thanks in advance

Sonia
Form Mexico City

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
912 comments

replied 9 months ago

I think you need to read the blog more carefully. It does not mention departure from the airport but does state that a direct train is not possible. The departure time has been adjusted slightly and it now leaves at 09:08 from Nice Ville. All the trains on the route are "regular" , tickets can be bought from the usual Apps but there is no need to buy in advance, you can get them at the station - there are no reservations. If you use an App and only ask for Nice to Torino it will give you a different, faster and more expensive route - you need to force it to give this route. If it has no way of specifying routing then you would have to buy tickets in sections. I notice that the official train operators are not sites that you have tried
For france www.sncf-connect.com
for italy www.trenitalia.com

Userpic

LauSon
Traveller
1 comments

replied 9 months ago

Hi Steve, I'm sorry for the delay. I really appreciate your time to answer my questions, the detailed information it was helpfull. At the end I decided to take a plane from London to Turin.
Kindly regards