Userpic

ZoeTsibouki
Traveller
5 comments

Posted 10 months ago

I have tried to issue a ticket for July 6th and the ticket I got states: "Gültigkeit: ab 05.07.2023". Can I travel on July 6th or my ticket is valid only for July 5th?

Follow this topic
Userpic

argon
Traveller
356 comments

replied 10 months ago

(I think you booked the ticket from DB ) Its only possible if you have an "Flexpreis Plus"

Userpic

ZoeTsibouki
Traveller
5 comments

replied 10 months ago

Yes I booked it from DB. I repeated the procedure to verify that I hadn't selected wrong date and I verified that selecting July 6th results in July 5th on the ticket. Ab 5. Juli means starting July 5th, isn't it? It's not a Flexpreis Plus.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
356 comments

replied 10 months ago

Yes "Ab 5.Juli" means Starting 5th July . Had you book an overnight-journey ? (Nighttrain/Night ICE) . And which Fare you have .

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
920 comments

replied 10 months ago

This sounds slightly familiar. Where in the world (timezone) are you and at exactly what time did you make the booking? Various booking systems have problems if you and the host country are on different dates.

Userpic

ZoeTsibouki
Traveller
5 comments

replied 10 months ago

I booked it from Greece, at 23:08 greek time, 22:08 german. I can't understand why this happens.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
356 comments

replied 10 months ago

Ohhh of course , the time zone ! As a German i dont think about that , so i ask again , what fare you have ? ( i think DB would say that different time zones are not resonable for a free refund or something like that)

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
920 comments

replied 10 months ago

If it was 23:08 in Greece and 22:08 in Germany then both countries were on the same date. One hour later it might have been the cause because Greece would be 8 minutes into a different date.

Userpic

ZoeTsibouki
Traveller
5 comments

replied 10 months ago

It's Super Sparpreis Senior.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
356 comments

replied 10 months ago

Okay they cant refund , maybe you have simply the wrong date selected , as i wrote i think even if its because the Greek Time , DB wouldnt say that is reasonable for a refund . I recommed to book a new ticket before Prices get to expensive .(Maybe a Saver/Sparpreis is better if there is a problem with the system )

Userpic

ZoeTsibouki
Traveller
5 comments

replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your response. Anyway, I sent a message to DB. I tried today again, I repeated (half) the procedure and the same happens. I select July 6th and, it happens as if it redirects me to July 5th. The site is this one: https://rail.cc/el/train/nuremberg-to-berlin I think it is defective. Thank you anyway.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
356 comments

replied 10 months ago

Try bahn.com not rail.cc

Userpic

argon
Traveller
356 comments

replied 10 months ago

rail.cc is sometimes a bit outdated