Userpic

farasali003
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 9 months ago

I am writing to get information about the travel time and procedure for a journey from Baku to Tbilisi by train. As a UAE resident, I am planning to travel to Baku and then by road to Tbilisi and I believe that traveling by train would be a convenient and scenic option.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with the following information:

Travel Time: Could you please let me know the approximate travel time for the train journey from Baku to Tbilisi? It would be helpful to have an estimate so that I can plan my itinerary accordingly.
Train Schedule: Are there regular train services operating between Baku and Tbilisi? If so, could you please provide me with the train schedule, including departure and arrival times? Additionally, if there are any overnight train options, kindly provide information on those as well.
Ticket Booking: How can I book train tickets for the journey from Baku to Tbilisi? Do you have an online ticketing platform or a designated ticket office where I can make reservations? Any guidance on the ticket booking process would be highly appreciated.
Visa Requirements: As a UAE resident, I would like to know if there are any specific visa requirements for traveling from Baku to Tbilisi by train. Are there any entry or transit visa regulations that I should be aware of? If so, kindly provide the necessary information or direct me to the appropriate authorities for clarification.
COVID-19 Safety Measures: Considering the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, I would like to inquire about the safety measures implemented on the trains traveling from Baku to Tbilisi. Are there any specific guidelines or protocols that passengers need to follow during the journey? It would be reassuring to know that appropriate precautions are being taken to ensure the well-being of travelers.
I would be grateful for any additional information or advice you can provide regarding traveling from Baku to Tbilisi by train. If there are any brochures, schedules, or relevant resources available, I would be pleased to receive them as well.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I eagerly await your response and look forward to planning my trip accordingly.

Best regards,
Faras Ali
00971-523105933

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1324 comments

replied 9 months ago

1.remove that fone nr-this is a public forum for the whole world to see, so expect possible misuse and endless requests.
2.From what I gather from other sources-touristy forums and the like, AZ seems still so afraid of this covid thing that it has about closed all its borders for those who have no urgent reason to go there and thus no trains (this was the only train anyway). But several of these old former Soviet now independent states maintain a very strict ´we do not like visitors here´ policy and AZ also seems to belong to that select group-even Kuwait is more open it seems.
I would advice you to post on a general forum like tripadvisor for best local advice.
Also check seat61.com, THE very best site for all info on train travels.