Userpic

Ebot
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 10 months ago

Hi. Does anyone know if the HOTNAT scheme applies to a rail traveller coming in to one London Terminus and then getting Eurostar from St P? (I know they consider all the main Paris stations as one terminus for the purposes of the scheme.) In this case, a train from the West Country (Torquay) into Paddington. I’m not even sure if the GWR train would count as an ‘intercity’ train for the purposes of HOTNAT??? Or is it safer to buy a through ticket (from Brussels in this case). Thank you.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 10 months ago

Besides Eurostar there is no high-speed train mentioned in UK at the network map from HOTNAT.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
910 comments

replied 10 months ago

No british route was ever part of the HOTNAT deal. Coming into Britain the long distance operators usually show some leeway to use their Advance tickets later if Eurostar is late but Eurostar aren't as helpful in the other direction. The important thing is to allow one hour from arrival at Paddington to arrival at St Pancras PLUS whatever Eurostar are saying for checkin time. And get a reservation for the Torquay-Paddington bit. Travel Insurance from UK sources normally include "missed departure" costs if you have booked reasonable public transport and still miss flight/Eurostar/ferry (but check details before buying).

Userpic

Ebot
Traveller
3 comments

replied 10 months ago

Thanks. Don’t know where I got the notion UK rail networks were part of HOTNOT. Wishful thinking maybe! Was intending to advise three hours between arrival at Paddington and departure from St P (and vis versa) especially for someone unfamiliar with London. Wouldn’t travel that GWR route without a reservation - bad enough if you have one!