Userpic

dkopec
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 10 months ago

Hi i will be arriving to tirano from bernina express at 6:00pm and have booked Trenord 3297A leaving tirano station at 6:24pm headed to sondrio. I am unsure weather this is a bus or a train line and would also like to know if i will have enough time to make the transfer. Thanks!

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 10 months ago

The train stations from RhB (bernina expr) and Trenord are next door. The 18:24 is a train.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
911 comments

replied 10 months ago

Odd...

The 18.:24 departure is a train (and 20 minutes is more than enough to catch it) but the train number is currently 10297 according to the emergency timetable. 3297A would be a bus but that isn't in this timetable. The line is currently cut due to a landslide near Bellano so many timetable sources may be wrong. See https://www.trenord.it/en/news/trenord-informs/notices/from-monday-buses-and-boats-will-be-in-service-on-the-milan-lierna-and-sondrio-bellano-routes/ and click Notice 69/2023 at the bottom. If you intend travelling on to Milano bear in mind there is a bus ride in the middle and you may need to allow one hour extra.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
911 comments

replied 10 months ago

...not quite as easy as I thought. The Italian version of the information page Iinked has a link to a newer version of the emergency timetable - but it doesn't work. 3297A was/is/might be a bus on Sundays and the departure time is 18:24. Both english and italina versions of the information page says the emergency timetable can replace the online planners and ticket system - so it's anyones guess what you will get. But if it's a bus it should be parked between the RhB and Trenord buildings

Userpic

dkopec
Traveller
3 comments

replied 10 months ago

yea its weird i cant seem to find the info anywhere, attatched is a screenshot of what i purchased on trenord, i can always cancel. Is there a direct train i can get from tirano to sondrio that departs around that time?

Attachment Image
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 10 months ago

It says on trenord.it: Please refer to the attached notice for the provisional timetables in force from Monday, May 22. Notice 69/2023 [.pdf]
There the 18:24 is mentioned as a train to Sondrio.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
911 comments

replied 10 months ago

and as I pointed out yesterday, the italian version of that page has a link to a later provisional timetable which didn't work but that has been fixed and now it has been attached to the english page as Notice 76/2023 valid from 5th June. And now nothing running at 18:24 is shown! The bus in the screen shot is part of the normal Sunday/holiday service but the date is neither. In notice 69 it was replaced everyday by a train at 18:24, now there is a train at 18:38 which arrives Sondrio about the same time as that bus schedule. What matters is that something will run at or within a few minutes of that intinery and because this is only local transport nothing is reserved and nobody will care that your itinery doesn't exactly match whatever it is they are doing that day.

Userpic

dkopec
Traveller
3 comments

replied 10 months ago

great! thanks for the info!