Userpic

Erme
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 10 months ago

Hello! we would like to book 2 train tickets from Bangkok to Chiang Mai in 15 July. Th train is nÂș 9 sleeper train first class. How we can book it?
Thank you!

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1334 comments

replied 10 months ago

Sawasdee khrap! I am a very long time and pretty frequent visitor to this land of Smiles (LOS), Best general site for all info re trains and howtodo is seat61.com. In this case-there are several trains running overnight |(all will arrive late) and 1 daytime-the scenery is not that nice to really do that all the way. You best buy tix when there from a counter-and since a few month ago these trains now start form a brand new big station in the north of BKK-beside Chatuchak park. IF you still have guidebooks it may tell the old one.
If your nerves are too trembled to wait till there-or if you insist on the very few (and not that special) private 1st cl cabins (not in all trains-in fact in only 1) then you will have to contact a local agent (choose 1 close to the HTL you will stay) or try your luck (it rather haphazard and temporal) on the site of the SRT=state rail of TH. again seat61 will have info on that.
I would not advise youto come off a plane and then head for the hot north right away. Acclimatize in beautiful BKK before.
And uh- its not very much low season, hot&rainy there. Which means no heavy demand.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 10 months ago

Hi.
I would travel this route by overnight, so I did several times.
Book it well in advance as often trains might be full.
I recommend to have a look on 12go asia - it is easy and reliable: https://rail.shop/12go
Enjoy your trip. Peter :)