Userpic

Sofiakarro
Traveller
11 comments

Posted 12 years ago

Hi!

We want to take a train from Bucharest to Sighiosara the 20th of July, and there are several connections. The only one which really suits us is one leaving Bucharest at 06.08 in the morning, arriving in Sighiosara 12.34 pm.

The train is called E1745, do you have to pay for reservation for these?

Do you know if there are any other trains that are not mentioned on DB Bahn that are faster?

Thanks in advance.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi.
This train is with additional reservation fee:
[u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-train-reservation/rapid/cfr-r/82[/u]
Peter

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 12 years ago

1745 is an Accelerat. ;)

:arr: [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-train-reservation/accelerat/cfr-a/83[/u]

Next train is an InterCity at 1300, taking 06h19; then an Rapid at 1415, taking 06h01...

Flo 8)

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 12 years ago

:)

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1336 comments

replied 12 years ago

the time is so long:
because all trains are slow in ROM AND in this case extra, because there are works going on (with the hope to maybe have shorter times in 20 years or so), so for now that means wait on single track for the train the other way to pass! and really, [ux]https://rail.shop/bahn[/ux] shows all trains-even with connections in between.
ALL and that means all long-dist trains in ROM (excludes the even much slower persoane=all stops for persons) must be reserved-this is since many, many years and o gosh, now it is even possible by computer! not that long ago it was all by hand from scrappy thick books. the cost is minimal and even though most guidebooks warn you of horrible long ques-this is also mostly a thing of the past now.
In fact normal tickets there are only valid in the 1 and only train mentioned on them.
The magic words to say: Reservare LOCure (=place, seat)

Userpic

Sofiakarro
Traveller
11 comments

replied 12 years ago

Thanks for all the replies! We will be arriving in Bucharest around 6-7 pm the night before, will the ticket offices still be open so that we can make reservations for the next morning?

Or can I make the reservation in Istanbul or Sofia already (i don't like making them online)?

How come the same train from Bucharest to Brasov (only 1.5 hours by car away from Sighiosara) only takes 3,5 hours to Brasov, and then from Brasov to Sighiosara take three hours? Is that where the road works are?

Do you think it's better that we simply stop and stay in Brasov instead?

Thanks!

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 12 years ago

As far as I know ticket office is open till ~8pm but I'm not 100% sure. ;)

I think it is not possible to make domestic reservations for Romania from abroad, at least from Austria or Germany. It might be possible from Bulgaria though but that's not set in stone. Dont think it is possible in Istanbul.

I dont know exactly where the construction works take place but train travel in Romania is generally slow. If you want to go to Sighisoara, do it. :)

Flo 8)