Userpic

dude27
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 11 months ago

We will be taking the regional train (not the Bernina Express) from St Moritz to Tirano. But we plan to get off the train mid-way (in Ospizio Bernina) and hike to the next station (Alp Glum.) If we buy one ticket from St Moritz to Tirano, can we get off the train and get back on at the next station? And should we buy tickets in advance or just get our tickets at the station or even on the train? Thanks!

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
911 comments

replied 11 months ago

If you buy the discounted advance purchase ticket you would have to stay on the booked train. If you buy the full price ticket on the day at St Mortitz station for the whole journey you could get off and walk the middle section - and it would slightly cheaper than buying seperate tickets for the two train rides. Be warned, the Swiss website and ticket machines often assume that passengers have Swiss Half Price Cards and you need to correct them before paying - full price adult for a full one way journey is CHF32. If you are going back to St Moritz and can guarantee which train you will use for the whole journey you might save a small amount by booking in advance for that ride.

Userpic

dude27
Traveller
1 comments

replied 11 months ago

Thanks so much MisterSteve!!! I don't think I could have found this info without your help. I really appreciate it!