Userpic

Kakapo
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 10 months ago

Hei, Is It bossible to go by nighttrain to Berlin from Stocholm with o dog ja family incluud parents and to children. We have interrailtickets. And if it so what would be the price with interrail tickets.

Katja

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
857 comments

replied 10 months ago

On the nightrains both operators have the same rule, you must book a whole compartment designated for pets - this may not cost a lot more since you need 4 berths anyway. Dogs stay on the floor. Cost will depend on when you book.

But where else are you going to with the Interrail pass as dogs that are not in containers need half price (child fare) tickets on most other trains in Germany.

Also you need to comply with pet health regulations to cross borders, especially if going back to Sweden.

Userpic

Kakapo
Traveller
2 comments

replied 10 months ago

Hei, Thank you for your comments. We are planning to go Kroatia. Is there something else I should no trailing with a dog?
Katja

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
857 comments

replied 10 months ago

every country will have it's own rules for taking dogs on trains and any could have variations to the basic EU pet health rule like Sweden does, so you need to check Austria, Slovenia and Croatia.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
314 comments

replied 10 months ago

As fare i know , you can add your Interrail-Ticket when you book the "Reservation" for the EN (by SJ) , but you get no discount , so i would recommend you the Snalltåget .

Userpic

Kakapo
Traveller
2 comments

replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your comments. :)